Roman Road Health Centre

Fishmoor Drive, Blackburn BB2 3UY

Out of Hours Care

NHS Rolls out the new 111 service in East Lancashire – This service replaces NHS Direct.image-4-w360h250
When to use it?

You should use the NHS 111 service if you urgently need medical help or advice but it’s not a life-threatening situation.

You should call 111 if:

– It’s not a 999 emergency

– You think you need to go to A&E or another NHS urgent care service

– You think you need to go to A&E or another NHS urgent care service

– You don’t think it can wait for an appointment with your GP

– You don’t know who to call for medical help

– This is also the new out of hours number

For less urgent health needs you should still contact your GP in the usual way.

For immediate, life-threatening emergencies, continue to call 999.

NHS Walk in Centre NHS walk-in  They deal with minor illnesses and injuries:
111 Call 111 if you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency. They will advise you of the best place for you to attend and can also provide health information.
NHS Direct For health advice and reassurance. Tel: 0845 4647
999 For life-threatening emergencies

Coronavirus – Advice for Patients

The symptoms of coronavirus are:

The symptoms are similar to other illnesses that are much more common, such as cold and flu and it does not necessarily mean you have the illness.
NHS 111 has an online coronavirus service that can tell you if you need medical help and advise you what to do.
Use this service if:

Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
Information for the public is available at and
Like the common cold, coronavirus infection usually occurs through close contact with a person with novel coronavirus via cough and sneezes or hand contact. A person can also be infected by touching contaminated surfaces if they do not wash their hands.
The risk of being in close contact with a person with coronavirus or contaminated surfaces is very low at the current time.
Everyone is being reminded to follow Public Health England advice to:

You can find the latest information and advice from Public Health England at