We are pleased to be able to offer a comprehensive family planning service. This includes General contraceptive advice Advice and prescriptions for the oral contraceptive pill Advice and prescriptions for the Morning-after pill (Emergency contraception) Advice about Long Acting Reversible methods of contraception (LARCs) ‘Depo’ injections Implants Intra-uterine devices (see below) Prescribe and administer ‘Depo’ injections Fitting of the Intra-uterine Device, IUD, (the ‘coil) and the Intra-Uterine System, IUS (Mirena).
If you wish to have the implant then you will be advised to make an appointment by contacting reception on 01254 282777.
GUM Clinic is based at Royal Blackburn Hospital, from Main reception turn left near the shop and the GUM clinic is signposted.
- For advice from nurses telephone: 736094
- For appointments telephone: 736045
- Call at 10am – 12 Noon for appointments Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning
- Call at 11.30am – 1.30 pm for appointments Wednesday afternoon and evening
- Call at 10am – 12 Noon for appointments on Thursday afternoon
For information regarding ‘Cervical Cytology Screening,’ you can visit www.thecatthatgotthescreen.org
If you have no symptoms of a sexually transmitted infection, but are sexually active and aged between 16 -25, then you are entitled to a free chlamydia screen. You can ask you doctor or nurse about this, or simply ask reception for a screening kit.